PC(USA) Mission Co-workers
Family Island Book Project
A project of First Presbyterian Church of Granville, each February volunteers collect new or gently used children’s books (preschool through high school age students). The books are distributed to school libraries on the Family Islands in the Bahamas.
To learn more, call the church office at 740-587-0178.
“Fostering the dignity of the individual, respecting the ways of the community, and reflecting the strength of a loving God”
The core of Healing Art Missions is the Dumay Medical Clinic which is staffed 24/7 and serves the poor of Haiti with:
- Primary care outpatient clinic with a full-time Haitian staff
- Optometry clinic
- Cholera treatment and education
- Mobile medical clinic
- Vaccinations and medications
- Hope for Haiti school for 200 children of indigent parents
Montana de Luz is a faith-based home for children affected by HIV/AIDS in central Honduras. It provides the children with a loving staff and a nurturing family atmosphere that includes:
- Clean living quarters
- Pure water and nourishing meals
- Proper medical care
- Educational opportunities
- Emotional and spiritual support
Montana de Luz is one of only two specialized orphanages in Honduras that care for these vulnerable children.